A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

She's Baaaack....*QUACK!*

Monday, May 09, 2011

I had my birthday this past weekend and I chose to spend it at Hobby Lobby with 4 girlfriends, we had a good time. Sunday my husband took me to a superb new restaurant up the road that a nice young couple turned an old 1840's mansion into an amazing place to eat, we'll be back...and often. The food was fantastic, probably the best grub I've had eating out in many years.

I've also started making books and resisting the urge to list them in the shop. I hope like heck I can get enough done. If I can only curb my wandering off in the middle of my binding I'd be fine. Another focus issue I suppose. Or maybe it's my lack of discipline...meh...doesn't matter either way, it is certainly becoming a handicap whatever you call it.



The reason for the title of this post is last year I found some ducklings in one of my hanging flower baskets on the gazebo, you can see the post here, I never noticed it had become a nest until I pulled the basket down and saw the babies. Well, mama is back, different basket but pretty much the same place - she lets me get super close to her, all she does is stares at me and holds stone still - looks like the flowers will have to wait until the lil buggers are old enough to hit the water. Funny, right?

Hey, if any of you are on facebook won't you "like" my shop page? If you have one, I'll be happy to return the favor : )



Because my temporary guest appears to have stage fright! 
She's caught in the spotlight.........at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)