A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

QUACK!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ok, no cool art (or what I think is cool) But I will take you through a funny thing that happened to me this afternoon.
We have a gazebo that is off the deck from the house, I normally hang a few baskets of flowers around it. Tom and I picked up some petunias since my geraniums didn't do so well there last year  - my guess, not enough sun. Anyway I pulled the first old pot down, replaced it with my new found purple goodies, went on to the second, reached up and and found 5 little yellow heads that started to peep themselves silly. I was shocked, all I thought was  DO NOT TOUCH THEM....really, would they die if I had?!? Not sure but it wasn't going to be on me if they had. I set the basket down on the railing and they one by one jumped to the ground. May I tell you, this DUCK laid eggs in a hanging basket 10 fet off the ground. Here is how it happened (best as I can recreate):
The pot after they ran for their lives:
I ran like a mad woman into the house looking for ANYTHING that would take a picture of those lil troopers marching to the water (sort of put me in the mind of General Sherman marching to the Atlantic but without the fires and they were cuter) I only caught the last 2 leaping for momma:
Here they are with momma (yes, yes...crappy picture) they are pulling up the rear:
All's well with the wild life.......................................at the Shores
**I've added a couple videos to a couple earlier posts, see a few posts below. Who knows, this might be a new tend here ;)

1 Click here . I love comments!:

Susan HP said...

What a fabulous discovery! I had no idea ducks nested in hanging baskets. Perhaps yours is a first! And how adorable are they!!!
Great post, Andrea!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)