A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

FIFA FO FUM

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My son's birthday is Sunday, big number 24. It rattles me just thinking about how old my kids are, neither are married nor have any kids but I am a step-Omi to 6 LOL! My step-daughter Randi came over Sunday because this was where she felt like spending mother's day. Her husband brought the two sweet boys over for a little bit and we crafted our butts off for a couple hours, funny how two kids, 6 & 4 have such different artsy styles, we had a blast. They then went on their merry way but Randi stayed and visted more, it was such fun and Tom was over the moon to have his daughter hang out with us for the day/night.

As always I asked Frankie (my son) what he wanted for his birthday, he wanted a authentic Germany World Cup jersey and asked if I would paint him the FIFA World Cup 2010 logo.....the things I do for my kids! Here it is all done, I'm pleased it was an easy one it's 8x10:
It was perfect timing on the jersey, two of my aunts were coming to the US to visit my mom so I asked if they'd pick one up for him - mission accomplished! I am sooooooooooooo happy that when Renee' had her birthday last month she just wanted to go shopping for clothes, I just happened to be in Georgia on her birthday week and happily obliged. Whew! Both done, at least until Christmas.

Here are a couple journals I have ready for etsy, if my new camera ever comes I'll take proper pictures and get em on there, sure have no idea as to how to price them though.
The blue one is covered in batik fabric and has acid free " brown paper bag" paper, the green has green paper and one of my paintings printed onto fabric then sewn to some pretty batik material (have you noticed I am a batik fabric junkie?!)
Welp, that does it for me on this rainy, dreary, yucky-but-perfect-for-artin' sort of day.....................at the Shores

3 Click here . I love comments!:

Susan HP said...

I thought that was the actual soccer poster, before I read the post! Wowee!!!
Of course, I love the journals, & still can't believe I have one of those babies of my very own.

Unknown said...

You shall have them as long as I make them, Susan! Have you started using the one I sent?
Thank you again for always being my biggest cheerleader!!

Susan HP said...

I started using the one you sent me the day you sent it! :)
I don't feel like a cheerleader, I just feel like someone lucky enough to own some of your artwork, and someone lucky enough to be your friend.
Happy hump day!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)