A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

New Doodle

Monday, January 03, 2011

I hope everyone had a nice, safe New Year's Eve! Ours was pretty uneventful really, we hate getting out there on the road when many have been enjoying their adult beverages to excess and lose their intelligence when it comes to getting behind the wheel. It also was our 8th wedding anniversary...feels like much longer when I think about all the things we've done and the places we've been!  


We also had Tom's kids and grandkids over for a holiday dinner last week, everything was pretty yummy. Here is the centerpiece I had on the table, the one good thing about having it after Christmas was I bought all this stuff on clearance!! It was so sparkly and festive : )  



I also made a trip to Hobby Lobby on the 1st, no better way to start the new year now is there? Plus I had a gift card from the grandkids burning a hole in my pocket and also needed supplies to make 2 more banned books bracelets (see previous post for a picture) for a friend. I broke down and bought some watercolor supplies since my kids got me a book on painting doors and windows in watercolor. I've always been chicken to try it but just LOVE the look so I'll give it my best shot!


  
Here is the zentangle I've been working on over the past week - I really needed to work on something I didn't have to do. It was another like the last one I blogged about where I drew the string (or doodle), cut it into 9 pieces and filled card by card and put them back together. I just love the surprise I get when they are re-joined!  I call it "Joriki" which is a Sino-Japanese term meaning ‘power of concentration’. This refers to a meditator's ability to enter into and maintain a deep trance state for long periods of time which pretty is pretty much where I am when I do these!  


That's it for now....I have a ton of things I am working on, time to knock them out one by one, too bad my lack of focus keeps me in the middle of 10 things at once : / I guess this is just how my brain is wired (I like to think this is the case anyway)


No relevance for this video, just think BNL are just plain fun! 
Garfunkle?? Giggling.............at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)