A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Joy of New Things

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

I am crazy for new stuff...not clothes or shoes but art supplies, new funky fabrics for my books, or organizational/storage for my studio,  - these are the things that make me smile BIG. I've been rather bad at taking care of my toys like leaving my paintbrushes in the water, or completely wrecking my beloved cutting mat which is one of the top 3 of my most used things ever (the other two are a heavy duty clear gridded ruler and my Xacto knife). My sweet niece bought me a new cutting mat for Christmas, oh the Joy!   
My kids got me a neat thing to sit my various spray cans, adhesives etc. Now if I can only become disciplined enough to put things away once I've finished using them instead of letting the mess grow and grow then find myself working on a 1 square foot corner of the only empty space left on my table! Ach...baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day.  


I think today I'll make a new lined journal for the shop, the fabric is courtesy of my friend, Susan...she knows well my weakness for batiks - love the earth tones and pattern on this one!  


Two more banned books bracelets are finished and being packed up for my "bookie" friend, Lisa in Utah. I made the boxes from some hand painted and collaged papers I had stashed that I just thought "some day I might have a use for these" - See, this is that "some day"! (I'll never be accused of being proficient in box making but they'll be protected during shipping at least)  


Now if I can get my counter there on the left to change from the "Happy Holidays" theme....it doesn't seem to want to change : (


My favorite Crosby, Stills & Nash song, today it is anyway! 
Helplessly hoping for organization..............at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)