A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Done Russian

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well, it's super late, or verrrry early depending on how you look at it (1:30am to be exact). I'm just not very tired which is unusual since I am normally in the sack by 11pm or so. So I figured I'll post about an ATC I finally finished up yesterday. I started it a couple weeks ago and never thought I'd finish it, I've had many large scale paintings that took less time. It was for a "Russia" swap so I did a detail of some of the onion domes of St. Basils in Moscow - all I got to say is it was a booger. Here again, the shiny gold trim on the domes cannot be seen on the scan.
 
I've got a super busy next couple of weeks. This weekend we are having the family+others over for our annual family BBQ, Tom's kids and families and the rest will be here, my mom and sister will be driving up from Georgia. There looks to be about 30 and thank goodness the forecast looks to be a perfect day. Lets hope it stays that way.
 
Then I'm taking a trip July 8-12 to Philly/NJ/NYC to meet up with some friends from high school, nearly 30 years since we've seen each other. Will post all the gory details once I get back.

This post got me thinking about that movie "National Lampoons Family Vacation" and the following song, if you've never seen it get out from under that rock you live under and check it out! And while we're in Chevy Chase mode...you ever see "Funny Farm"? That was hysterical to me, not too sure how many agree but it cracked me up!
I might be ready to sleep now.................at the Shores

2 Click here . I love comments!:

BelleSouth said...

Beautiful-I can see why it took you so long!

Hope you have a fun and safe trip!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Rebecca. Your Renoir has just been replaced by this one as the hardest ATC I've done so far!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)