A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Going Postal

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Woot! A record number of posts in one month since I started this blog!
I have 4 swaps left on my dashboard then I am going to take a much needed break so I can get some things made to sell on etsy. My latest lil honey is for a swap where you were to make your own postage stamp ATC AND it is to be "postmarked". My partner likes nature inspired work and made mention of the Bloodroot leaf so I googled it (there I go learning on the job again) I saw the leaf and it's quite pretty no doubt but then I saw a photo with a bloom and really wanted to do it. I hope she likes the flower too.
 
I used those crappy scissors (made for right handed people so I had to hold the paper all wonky to get the notches right) to make the edges so it looks like a stamp. The background is colored by rust, I let some steel wool rust on bristol board, the flower is done w/acrylics. The postmark is entirely made up since I believe all our mail is cancelled in Rock Creek but it's MY stamp and postmark and that is how I want it :P ...........at the Shores

4 Click here . I love comments!:

Anonymous said...

Hey, This is Rudexvirus from Swap-bot, That is a-freakin-dorable. :)

Susan HP said...

You are an ART maniac! This is gorgeous, Andrea. Love your Roaming Shores stamp. I would've believed it.

Carole said...

This is sooo cool! I love the idea and the way you did it with the flower makes it look so real. Love this!

CarrieZee

Anonymous said...

Love that!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)