A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

At the Fillmore!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've been working in teeny tiny land again, surprised? Probably not. I have a friend that LOVES Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and any form thereof. I needed to make an ATC for her and after thinking about it I decided I really, really wanted to do one of those concert posters from back in the day that they had to advertise shows at the Fillmore which I absolutely am crazed for and after poking around on the internet I decided to do the poster that was printed for one of their first ever shows after Woodstock in 1969 the original was done by Greg Irons, well, come to find out they had to cancel and Janis Joplin and Santana stepped in to replace them. So, I guess you could say this is a copy of a poster for the show that never was: 
My printing is horribly crooked at the bottom but hey, I crammed all that on a card 2.5"x3.5" so I'll cut myself some slack this time. Actually if I didn't know her pretty well, I would have kept this (ah, the eternal hippie should-a-been)  but I know she'll really appreciate it so off to MA. it goes tomorrow.
During my researching I found a book I just gotta have but its a little pricey so I guess I'll think about it *sigh*
So - done for the day, I'm here crosseyed and drooling.......................at the Shores

1 Click here . I love comments!:

Susan HP said...

Of course I had to visit your blog, thinking you'd updated it & voila! 2 new posts.
Love this ATC card, love the whole Hippie groovy thing & I can't believe that you can write that SMALL and perfectly. Wow!! (as usual)

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)