A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Ick

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Just when I thought I was gaining momentum on the production side of things I get sick. It's been 9 days and I feel no better than when it first came over me. Ick.

Just before my ick I did a scavenger hunt of sorts (which is probably where I GOT the ick) with my step daughter, her husband and a couple of their friends in Cleveland. It was lots of fun running all over the city trying to decipher the clues given us and taking pictures of the answers, we all had to be in each picture too so a lot of strangers were stopped to help! There were almost 475 people entered, about 125 teams. The first team in took only 45 minutes to get it done....amazing really...it took us twice as long!
Here we are at the finish line...after getting a refreshment of course ;o)

The book above is another journal using more fair trade fabric from Mali, West Africa. 

Lastly, I did a mini 4" x 8" sketchbook using a batik.
I was contacted last night through Etsy asking if I would consider placing a dozen books in a shop on commission. I really hate the idea of putting anything out there on commission, I've heard too many horror stories I think. Has anyone ever had a good experience doing this? If so please drop me a line or leave a comment. My knee-jerk reaction is to just say thanks, but no thanks.

This is just because....

There's mountains to climb........at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)