A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Custom Orders?

Monday, September 26, 2011

A few days ago someone inquired about a custom order and after a couple messages back and forth regarding what exactly they wanted  they decided to go ahead and have one made. I couldn't shake an uneasy feeling I kept having so in my last message I stated that I require half down - I've heard nothing since. Normally unless it is personalized I pretty much will do it with nothing down (or unless I just don't like what was chosen) because I'll just pop it in my shops for sale, while this hasn't happened yet that's my thought on the matter. Anyway, I was wondering just what your experiences with custom orders are. Do you require a deposit? Payment in full? Have you ever gotten burned? Leave me a comment!
I've gotten several new books bound using the ream of 90# watercolor paper I purchased

Unfamiliar Occasion (Click for more pictures)
A Visual Affair (Click for more pictures)
Charming Certainty (Click for more pictures)
Tuned Hope (Click for more pictures)

The clickable links go to my Etsy shop only because the photos are nicer there. I'd MUCH more prefer to sell out of my HAFshop as they don't take a commission unlike Etsy! ;o)
And the 3 below are custom orders

So, there will not be a On Fire For Handmade artisan to share here this week. Why? You ask (or maybe you're not, but humor me here!) Because I am that featured artist! If you have a shop you really should consider joining the group, my books have been in 5 Etsy treasuries over the past 2 days, not to mention my item view count has gone WAY up, we're on Facebook too. Plus, Anne who runs the group tirelessly promotes the group like crazy! Her shop by the way is here, lovely scarves, wraps and more!

Closing this long winded post with Bon Iver

I'll be holding all the tickets..............at the Shores

2 Click here . I love comments!:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous books as always....I always ask for a deposit...never a problem.
Happy week to you........

Ronda K said...

love your Blog!!!!!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)