A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Spontaneity? Procrastination?

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ribbon bound abstract fabric action
I must say, I am not really a person that needs to plan things. Our yearly 4th of July bash menu wasn't even thought about until a couple days before everyone began arriving. Packing for trips normally happens just a couple hours before leaving the house. I have no qualms with a girlfriend phoning with the suggestion of hitting the road for an overnight trip somewhere fun. And my latest folly...a small show to have a table for my books in. Someone locally found me on Facebook yesterday (Friday) and asked if I would be interested in showing on.......SUNDAY! Hahaha. Really? Two days? Guess who is going? Yep, why not. If I hadn't just done one in June and already had a table set-up I definitely would have had to pass. We'll see how it goes, even getting my business cards out would make the 3 hours worth it I suppose : )
I guess being if I'm honest with myself, I have a crazy mix of a little spontaneity and a lot of procrastination!

Still looking for votes on my PopTart journal, still running in second place. Every time I get to within one vote (like last night) that brownie shoots ahead by 12. Share the link with your friends & family, I need all the help I can get!! And thank you if you already have.

Here's a little upbeat "Sound of Sunshine" for you (it's VERY hot here) PS Did you know Michael Franti has not worn shoes in 10 years, with the exception of occasional flip flops when heading to the airport - he says it's for all the children in the world that have never owned a pair of shoes...I must say, I'm barefoot EVERY chance I get. 
Listening to the sounds of sunshine.....at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)