A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

A New Twist

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

While I was sleeping the other night I woke up at some point with the idea of making a 2 book set with a slipcase to hold them. I can't begin to tell you how many times I get these nocturnal epiphanies but I will say it OFTEN. I started my morning by browsing through my many fabrics and decided on this one:
I then knew I wanted to bind one book with lined paper to journal in and the second one with blank drawing paper. It turned out to be a very pretty set if I do say so myself!
Now I just need to take pictures and list it....yech...this is the hardest part of having an online shop - actually listing the items, it'd be much more fun to just make books and have them magically appear online. Somehow I am going to have to get all the photos condensed into the 5 allowed by Etsy, sounds like a day with Photoshop I guess.

Seems it's rained every day in April, I guess that the thing with spring isn't it? Today is nice and warm (in the 70's) and I've started hearing the familiar sounds of boats zipping around the lake. I had a look around in my gardens and have found all of the perennials I transplanted from the old house last year have made it through the winter. I can see their little life forms starting to peek above the dirt - this makes me SO happy! I brought a little sunshine in to the house:
I've always loved this song but unfortunately a good video is not to be found online so here it is the best I could find (without too much crazy screaming from the crowd)
All is right...................at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)