A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Do You Have An Hour To Spare?

Friday, April 29, 2011

First off, I want to say how sad it's been seeing the devastation that hit Alabama after the tornadoes ripped through leaving people injured, homeless and sadly there were over 300 deaths. I am making a plea here to get to your local Red Cross to donate blood, you can go here and enter your zip code to find a local drive. Also, if you have questions on whether you are eligible you can click here for a listing of eligibility criteria, there are many that think if they've been tattooed or pierced or on certain medications that they cannot give - this is untrue in most cases today. Have a look if you have any doubts. The process is about an hour and one unit can potentially save 3 lives, please call for an appointment now!  

I was looking over my shop and realized I've been neglecting my mini books, I was down to a single offering so while the power was out all day yesterday due to the high winds up here knocking it out I bound a few. I probably need to get several more done at least for the show I'll be vending at in June.  

In other news - I have a huge picture window in my bedroom and the past few days I've awaken to see this guy right outside on a branch peeping in the window at me. A couple times he was up on his (her?) hind end munching away at his breakfast and sometimes he just stares....it's sort of creepy really....but maybe he just sees his reflection in the glass and thinks "I'm lookin' goooood!" I'd rather believe that then think I've got a stalking peeping tom squirrel.

A few years ago I saw a production called "Love, Janis" in Cleveland, it was based on the book by the same title written by her sister. I had great fun that night! Always wondered where Janis would have taken her music had she lived longer....
Contemplating curtains.............at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)