A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Back to the Work Tables

Saturday, February 26, 2011


I've gotten back into my books after a couple weeks of being away. I've managed to get 2 custom orders done and have yet 3 to go. One is for a very good customer in San Antonio, TX it was a butterfly themed journal and the second is for my husband's niece about an hour away, it's for her 9 year old granddaughter who likes to both write and draw so I made the pages alternate between drawing paper and lined paper - she too wanted a butterfly theme.


Last week I sent an application and check to participate in my first art/craft show benefiting the Cleveland Animal Protection League...I sit here wondering just how many books I need to have made for a nice display, I went easy on myself for my first show, it's only a five hour long one. I think I'll visit Vistaprint and get a banner made - they really have good prices on things like that, I get my business cards, swap cards, personalized notecards as well as rack cards from them.  


I have a swap that's been due for a collographed ATC but my first attempt was a complete disaster, I just made a muddy mess - I think I'm still trying to kick start that part of my creativity after the past few weeks I've had. I am so grateful to my partner, Tricia who was so kind in letting me know she isn't sweating it.  


Here's a picture of me, Renee' and my mom as they were getting ready to leave back to Georgia. I miss them both an awful lot. I am still in my pink jammies ;)
Now relax :)
Singing a sweet lullaby ..............at the Shores

2 Click here . I love comments!:

BelleSouth said...

So excited to hear about your show!! I will be curious as to how it all went.

I see you still have a lot of snow. Maybe I shouldn't mention we are having an early spring here........

Unknown said...

Yes we do and no you shouldn't! HAHA!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)