A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Bein' Trashy

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I made my first "skinny" (3x5) for a That's Trash! swap. You were to make it from things found on the sidewalks, roads etc. This was super hard since I live in a very rural area and I have found it's pretty darn clean out here! Anyway, I did however manage to find a water bottle label, some sort of green wired tubing, a piece of newspaper from July 22, 2009, a parking ticket stub, a Dove chocolate wrapper, a small piece of black plastic and a piece of junk mail. The bottle cap and ribbon was from my stash - hopefully they were ok to use. My partner is into flowers and insects, I did a praying mantis. I cut up the tubing (opened part of it for the body and used the wire I pulled out of it for the legs) cut the plastic for the belly and collaged the rest. It was pretty funny really, I worked on this on the deck and it was the first time my husband actually watched me work from start to finish - he kept saying "let me see, let me hold it!" I handed it over once I was finished, he was pretty tickled....I think it turned out pretty good for what I had to work with!
This video stinks but the song suits my post!
Feelin' trashy..........at the Shores

1 Click here . I love comments!:

BelleSouth said...

I think it's fantabulous!!!!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)