A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Setting the Place

Friday, February 12, 2010

So, I've got the house cleaned and the spare bedroom all made up for my mom who is on her way to visit from Georgia. She was supposed to come up yesterday but thought better of it once we had a look at the weather going up I-77, lots of snow and wind. I can't wait till she gets here, we are so much alike (my husband always says "Great, now I'll have 2 of you around here, you're just like you mother", I honestly don't think he means this in a bad way!), we'll spend the week sledding, making a snowman, crafting and doing absolutely nothing - maybe even stay in our jammies all day....so there! 

I've finished a different sort of project, I made some placemats. They were done using canvas and fabric then coated so as to just wipe them off if they get dirty, so much nicer than having to launder them in my opinion, they're kinda G R O O V Y fun bright colors. If I can get quicker at making them I thought they'd be a fun addition to my etsy shop? Have a look:


I think they're pretty, all 4 are different but use the very same fabrics on each one.

I am in desperate need of a camera (as you can tell from all the posts here where I couldn't use my scanner)..wonder what the chances are of getting that Canon I've had my beady lil eyes on for months for my birthday this year....time to start posting my hints around the house - wait, better yet - I just need to take him to the store, point it out and say please : )

I think I'll go make some nice soup for when mom gets here. Cookin'.............at the Shores

2 Click here . I love comments!:

Susan HP said...

The placemats are gorgeous! They look like little stained glass pieces!
I know you'll have a fabulous time with your Mom!!!

Jamie said...

Andrea! I had no idea you had a blog! This is GREAT! I love those placemats, too! Okay, enough with the exclamation marks but I am seriously thrilled. :-)

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)