A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Save the Eyes!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm finally back to posting and feeling a lot better, now if I stay out of the germ filled city I should be good to go for the rest of the year (knock on wood)!
I went to the eye doctor last week for just a regular exam and to get a new pair of glasses and after what I thought was pretty much the regular once-over I got the news that they believe I have the onset of glaucoma, yes, I was freaked - I've always said I could pretty much do without a lot but as an artist my eyesight was non-negotiable. So, of course I hit the internet once I got home...probably not the best idea I've ever had, now I think I know too much but I did read that glaucoma is very treatable. Grateful for that. They'll do further testing in a couple weeks. We'll see.
I have a few new books here:
A second and final PopTart custom order  - I've retired the design

Someone ordered  a chandelier themed book...a chandelier themed book is what I made, you can't tell  from the photo, but it sparkles!

New listing in my shops "One Man's Trash"

A sassy tune by Adele

Don't underestimate the things that I will do...........at the Shores



1 Click here . I love comments!:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

oh heavens girl...good luck with your eyes!! Beautiful books as always...the pink chandelier is stunning!

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)