A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

The Hurried-er I Go....

Saturday, March 12, 2011


The behind-er I seem to get! I have been binding books 7 days a week lately, custom orders keep coming and I try to squeeze out a book or two for my shop which has been absolutely impossible to build up stock in, don't get me wrong, this means they are selling there too and this is a good thing for sure but it always just looks so pitifully empty! I need to start thinking about making books for the June show, do I not list them? Hmm, not sure I could stand having books sitting on my shelves unlisted.
The one above "Deep Peace" (is it crazy I name my books??)  is an 11 x 14 art journal, I bound 100# Strathmore bristol board in it. The colors on this batik fabric just makes me swoon. LOVE this one. So did my beautiful friend, Susan, it wasn't listed 30 minutes before she put the sold sign out on it. I love that she's getting it!  

The other one "Ashanti Women" is made from another fabric that I couldn't say no to, look at those colors I ask!...actually I think I might be a fabric addict, I can't help myself, if I am in a store that has it I WILL look and help me on this crazy world wide web, a bazillion fabrics all at my fingertips. I gotta stop, at least until I make one book from each, then I can justify buying more...sorta. I finally found a supplier for nice strong webbing for my ties in pretty colors to boot (yeah - I ordered almost every color they had = 21). I found them on Twitter, I have no idea what I'm doing on there but noticed that my shop hits have almost hit 1000 the first month I was on there and began tweeting my goods! LOL Anyway, back to the supplier, I highly recommend Strapworks for any of your strap/webbing/lanyard/hardware/belt/elastic/velcro needs, they've been super helpful in helping me choose what I needed for my books - bonus, they have plugged my shop more than once so you can say I am attempting to return the favor here ;o) Seriously, they're A-1.
  
SO, I am posting this video simply because I have liked this song....forever, and I had such a CRUSH on him pre-Yusuf days, I heard he's doing music again but I dunno....
Feeling an old familiar fluttering of the heart................at the Shores

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)