A Quest For Focus

______________________________________

** My Paradise


Called Home **

Time Set Aside...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I thought that once I decided to start this blog that I'd be here faithfully every other day at the least - but no, not happenin'...I am for now going to blame it on still trying to get moved out of the old house, this I can use at least until the end of the month when it HAS to be empty!
I have however, been spending late nights getting some ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) done, I've just finished a couple for an Art Lessons Swap on Swap-Bot. We only had to do one but I have swapped with my swap partner twice previously and she has always sent an extra one so now's time for payback!








This is a sculpture by Gauguin circa 1887/88, naturally he used a young Polynesian girl for his Leda, my first real attempt at using Prismacolors - I think I might like them well enough once I figure out just how to use them!












Here we have *deep breath* "Crouching Marquesan Woman See(n) From the Back" - I've seen the title with See and Seen so not sure which it is, Gauguin circa 1902.
This was not very easy for me, sure don't know why (the human form has never been easy to me I suppose). I always wondered why he always did women/girls with horrible looking faces and feet?!? heh, probably why I picked one with neither!




That's it for now - I need to get back to a special project for a special friend, will post once she get's it! Until next time - still sitting.....................at the Shores.

0 Click here . I love comments!:

 

Labels

5k (1) alabama tornadoes (1) art (28) art journal (15) artist trading card (12) ATC (11) auld lang syne (1) baby it's cold outside (1) banksy (2) banned books (2) banned books bracelet (1) bare naked ladies (1) batik (6) beads (1) beatles (1) belize (1) billboard (1) bird (1) blank journal (23) bloghop (1) blue highways (21) bluehighways (29) bob marley (1) book binding (33) books (21) bracelet (1) buckingham (1) cactus (1) cactus tree (1) camera (1) canning (1) cardinal (1) carole king (1) castle (1) centerpiece (1) chinchic (1) chinchilla (1) Christmas (1) Cobain (1) coptic binding (2) costumes (1) craft show (1) crafts (1) Crosby Stills Nash and Young (1) daisy (1) death cab for cutie (1) disco (1) dove (1) duck (1) eagle (1) ee cummings (2) egypt (1) etsy shop (42) fabric (3) Fillmore (1) film (1) flowers (1) frida (3) friends (1) garden (4) garden party (1) garden statue (1) giveaway (1) goldfinch (1) goo goo dolls (1) graphitints (1) grateful dead (1) HAF (24) hafshop (24) halloween (1) handbound (28) handmade (20) handmade artists forum (19) handmade books (46) handmade journal (23) hepburn (1) holiday road (1) if i had a million dollars (1) image transfer (2) james taylor (1) Jesus (1) jesus stencil (1) joshua kadison (1) journal (6) kahlo (2) Kerouac (1) kodachrome (1) lichtenstein (1) lighthouse (1) lighthouse tale (1) limes (1) lyle lovett (1) madame butterfly (1) moon (1) moscow (1) movies (1) mozart (1) needlework (1) nefertiti (1) New Year (1) nickel creek (1) nikon (1) on fire team (1) onion domes (1) ornament (1) painting (1) peace (2) peppers (1) photo (1) poland (1) postcard album (1) prismacolors (1) puccini (2) queen (2) ravens sight (1) Red Queen (1) repousse (2) rock hall (1) roses (1) russia (1) rusted root (2) sailing (1) sammy hagar (1) san marino (1) sewing (1) skull (1) soap (1) spraypaint (4) st basils (1) stencil (5) street art (3) studio 54 (1) sugar chile robinson (1) summer (1) summer time (1) superstition (1) tattoo balm (1) three dog night (1) Tim Burton (1) transfer paper (1) trash (1) Turandot (1) van morrison (1) voodoo doll (1) walkin' on sunshine (2) Warhol (1) weave (1) weaving (1) zentangle (2)