I feel overwhelmed at times, there is so much to do just outside of my bookbinding that I sometimes don't know where to start so instead of starting I just make more books and pretend the other things don't exist. That might be what some call the ostrich syndrome? (I just made that up) Anyway, I've pulled my head up out of the sand and dusted off my sewing machine for project number one: A camera bag for my dear photographer friend - it was supposed to be a Christmas gift but.......well, I just explained my affliction in the previous sentences. It's done and I must say I am quite pleased with myself! It has a 1/2" padding on the sides and bottom, 2 small pockets inside, two on the outside back and an adjustable velcro-ed divider inside. I found the tutorial online at the blog Creating Happiness I was super happy to have my iPad right next to the sewing machine for directions, made it easy to refer to and follow along. If you are thinking about making one let me help gathering of materials a little easier as I spent too much time looking for some of the stuff.
1. Padding - while you can get 1/2" foam at a fabric store it is rather expensive so I got a 1/2" sleeping mat which can be found in probably any store that has a camping supply department.
2. ALL the hardware - Strapworks has it all, you can get many different colors and sizes there and their turn around is pretty quick too. Also, if you wanted nylon webbing for the strap they have that too.
3. I purchased both my canvas (main color) and batik at a local fabric store - if you sew I'm sure you too have a favorite that carries the perfect fabric for you.
So, now that I've saved you the searching and running around hop to it!
Here is what I/we have done on project #2 - my track lighting for my workroom:
This house was built in 1969 and absolutely not a room in the house has overhead lighting which has been a sticking point when it comes to my studio, working by lamps etc. is just not right, horrible as a matter of fact. I think the reason it had been put off for so long is knowing that a trip in to the attic crawl space is inevitable and neither my husband or me relished the belly crawl that was going to have to take place. Well, it's done. Now we have to figure out how and where to get a light switch installed.
Project #3 - the sink (the one I previously wrote about below) Still not re-installed but hopefully my husband will get that one finished TODAY. I am going mad with it all torn apart.
Project #4 - The fireplace surround mosaic. This one will wait until I have at least 50 books in my shops for sale, I'm shooting for mid-Feb. hopefully sooner but I decided to leave my delusions behind on this one and agree in my head to be more realistic.
I really like this video and it's animation (and song of course!)
I believe in the power................at the Shores